Your skin changes throughout your lifetime but, no matter your age, a naturally healthy glow is attainable. With customized tips for each leg of your journey, you’re on your way to your most radiant, beautiful skin!
If you’re in your 20s-30s . . .
Your focus should be on establishing healthy practices that position you for ongoing success.
- Think before you tan—Did you know that tanning can actually dull your skin tone? Excessive sun exposure causes build up on your skin’s surface. These dead skin cells absorb light rather than reflect it, creating a dull appearance instead of a warm glow.
- Sleep 8+ hours—Tired-looking skin is often just that. Make it a habit to put your devices away about an hour before you go to bed, so you can get the amount of restful sleep your body needs to recharge and rejuvenate overnight.
- Eat (and apply) carotenoids—Did you know that carotenoids, found in brightly colored produce, help your skin glow from the inside out? For a boost of radiance, use a serum that contains carotenoids, like Retinol Vitamin C Concentrate. It quite literally adds warmth to your skin tone.
- Integrate Retinol into your regimen—Now is the perfect time to introduce Retinol into your daily skincare regimen. It’s the gold standard ingredient in cosmetic dermatology because it’s effective for both anti-aging and acne concerns. If you’re acne-prone, start with Healthy Complexion Booster. And if you want to get a head start on aging prevention, try Retinol Vitamin C Concentrate. Both inspire healthy radiance.
- Exfoliate regularly—You should exfoliate well for three consecutive days, once or twice each season. Rather than using an abrasive scrub, choose a peel with naturally exfoliating properties. Remember that over exfoliating (more than twice per season) can leave skin fatigued, and deplete the antioxidants and carotenoids essential to a healthy complexion.
If you’re in your 40s-50s . . .
Your focus should be on establishing skincare habits that work to both prevent and correct.
- Nourish your body—Glow from the inside out, starting with your gut. Your skin is a reflection of what you eat. Consuming fresh produce and foods rich in carotenoids and antioxidants will help boost your natural glow.
- Choose nutrient-rich skincare—Nutrient-rich, vitamin-dense skincare products not only enhance the physical look of your skin but also affect how your skin feels. The 40s and 50s are often a time of peak stress, which comes at a time when skin is less proficient at creating and storing nutrients. You may see increased redness, blotchy complexion or uneven skin tone. Great nutrients for this age include: plant seed extracts rich in phytonutrients; carotenoids; Omegas 3-6-9; Vitamins C with E, as the two work best together; beta carotene; and polyphenols from green tea.
- Exfoliate monthly—To restore and protect your natural skin barrier, exfoliate two days each month with skin-restoring, naturally exfoliating ingredients. It’s gentle yet effective on all skin types and the perfect way to refresh your routine.
- Use Retinol daily—Retinol truly works wonders. It’s the most multitasking ingredient in skincare. It accelerates skin cell turnover, which not only brightens your natural radiance but also helps smooth, plump and even your skin. Twice daily is even more effective.
- Target dark spots—Combining 2% Hydroquinone with pure Retinol will enhance your natural radiance and help diminish dark spots to improve the evenness of your skin tone. Using Dark Spot Corrector and Retinol Vitamin C Concentrate is a great place to start. For enhanced anti-aging results, add Wrinkle & Radiance Remedy as well.
If you’re 60+ . . .
Your focus should be on building on the previous sections and treating your skin with care.
- Book a professional peel—Treat yourself to professional peel with your dermatologist. It will not only give you some much-needed pampering but will help improve the results you get from your daily skincare regimen. If you can’t find the time for a professional peel, try a peel that replicates the benefits a dermatologist delivers—simply set aside three nights each month to recharge your skin.
- Look to this combo—For a supple, healthy, radiant complexion, use a combination of Retinol, Vitamins C & E, and Niacinamide, like in Wrinkle & Radiance Remedy. Together, these ingredients deliver rich nutrients gently yet effectively into the skin. In our experience, Retinol is the most important and effective ingredient to help reinvigorate skin and restore radiance. Retinol is made more effective when formulated correctly with Vitamins C+E and Niacinamide.
- Use a creamy cleanser—Choose a gentle, creamy formula like Restoring Cleanser that not only cleans away makeup and impurities from the day, but that also restores your moisture barrier for a softer, healthier complexion.
- Outshine dark spots—Incorporate 2% Hydroquinone into your routine. It’s the only ingredient proven to effectively fade dark spots and hyperpigmentation. Dark Spot Corrector pairs perfectly with Retinol Vitamin C Concentrate for the ultimate boost of luminance.
No matter where you are in your skincare journey, MD Complete can help you customize a skincare regimen to look and feel your radiantly beautiful best at any age.